Used for early diagnosis of pregnancy
It is recommended to use the first urine of the day
Pregnancy test strips are a quick and easy way to test for pregnancy at home. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to use them:
- Collect a urine sample in a clean container. It’s best to use the first urine of the day, as it will have the highest concentration of the pregnancy hormone human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG).
- Take the pregnancy test strip out of the packaging and remove the cap.
- Dip the absorbent tip of the strip into the urine sample for 5 and 20 seconds.
- Replace the cap on the strip and lay it on a flat surface.
- Wait for 5 minutes to read the results.
Interpret the results based on the instructions provided with the test. The pregnancy test strips have a control line and a test line. If the control line appears and the test line is also visible, the test is positive for pregnancy. If the control line appears but the test line is not visible, the test is negative for pregnancy.
It’s important to read the instructions carefully and follow them exactly, as results can be affected by factors such as the amount of time the strip is in the urine, the concentration of hCG in the urine, and the quality of the test strip. If you’re unsure about the results, you should consult a healthcare professional.